Amazon.com Price: (as of 2017-05-26 15:02:59 GMT)
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are
subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at
the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
“Ruby on Rails™ 3 Tutorial: Learn Rails by Example by Michael Hartl has become a must read for developers learning how to build Rails apps.”
—Peter Cooper, Editor of Ruby Inside
Using Rails 3, developers can build web applications of exceptional elegance and power. Although its remarkable capabilities have made Ruby on Rails one of the world’s most popular web development frameworks, it can be challenging to learn and use. Ruby on Rails™ 3 Tutorial is the solution. Leading Rails developer Michael Hartl teaches Rails 3 by guiding you through the development of your own complete sample application using the latest techniques in Rails web development.
Drawing on his experience building RailsSpace, Insoshi, and other sophisticated Rails applications, Hartl illuminates all facets of design and implementation—including powerful new techniques that simplify and accelerate development.
This book will help you
- Install and set up your Rails development environment
- Go beyond generated code to truly understand how to build Rails applications from scratch
- Learn Test Driven Development (TDD) with RSpec
- Effectively use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Structure applications using the REST architecture
- Build static pages and transform them into dynamic ones
- Master the Ruby programming skills all Rails developers need
- Define high-quality site layouts and data models
- Implement registration and authentication systems, including validation and secure passwords
- Update, display, and delete users
- Add social features and microblogging, including an introduction to Ajax
- Record version changes with Git and share code at GitHub
- Simplify application deployment with Heroku
- “They’re conscious about stretching and growing
- Each plot represents the TAF of fusion transcripts that were